Wednesday, May 4, 2011

May is Lupus Awareness Month

This month is Lupus Awareness Month. I was diagnosed in December 2004 after fighting symptoms since 1990. My lungs were functioning at 19% of normal. I was dying. Thankfully my husband pressed my pulmonologist to send me to the Mayo Clinic. I have gained a lot back, but will never be able to live and accomplish what I was able to before being sick. I have good and bad days. I am blessed to have a family that supports me and is very understanding but it is hard sometimes not being able to do everything for them I would like. Please think about supporting this organization and helping us find a cure for those who come behind us.



1 comment:

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

thanks for the reminder. I lost my cousin to Lupus when she was only in her thirties. It was 30 years ago and I'm glad they have improve some on the research these days.